Hello there Sewists! Here we are ticking away the weeks until the New Year. I have been doing some fashion blog reading and came to a few conclusions. These dedicated bloggers have done lots of research from the trends championed by designers and ready to wear. The general consensus shakes out to a few key points. First, to a person, they all advocate the 'core wardrobe' concept. It is financially responsible and it is efficient for the wearer. Clearly, fashion has come around to understanding the Sewist mind-set. Well, that's how I choose to look at it! From my early sewing days I chose to make items that would go together. My budget was limited and so were my options. In the end, it worked out well. I suppose that is why I was attracted to the whole Vogue Patterns Magazine project to begin with.
Not all of these items need to be made by you. These may be items you choose to purchase to round out the new core wardrobe. For many of us these items may already be pillars of our current wardrobe. Here they are:
- White blouse/shirt.
- Tailored Jeans.
- Neutral trench coat.
No comments:
Post a Comment